Mother’s Day is quickly approaching, and you may be thinking about doing something nice for another mother, or yourself! If you are looking for ideas, I have compiled a list of my recommended gift ideas, for your convenience. All of these gifts will help to improve the life of the receiver, and some will even help support Canadian small businesses, without leaving your house!
Try a low to no-cost idea that still means a lot:
1. Make them a meal or treat, and drop it on their porch.
3. Have the kids create greeting cards at home with whatever paper and crayons, or markers you have around, then pop them in the snail mail box next time you are out for a walk.
If you’d like to send them something special, try one of these:
1. Natural botanicals face and body care from Living Libations. Did you know that whatever goes on our skin is absorbed into our bodies? Using natural, chemical-free body care products is really important for reducing our exposure to toxins. Living Libations delivers on this, and more! I have been using their products for several years now and they never disappoint. My skin is sensitive and prone to acne, so a couple of their products that I cannot live without are Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever cleansing and moisturizing oil, and Zippity Dew Dab spot treatment. Since all of their products are made from high quality, therapeutic grade essential oils, they smell amazing and won’t expose your body to unwanted chemical ingredients. With all of the hand-washing going on right now, I’m sure everyone on your list could use a pot of Hooray Hand Creme!
Check out Living Libations >>
2. Fitness classes at Cbarre.com. Staying active is an important part of supporting good health and resiliency, especially now. I have been a regular Cbarre devotee for over 2 years, it’s a habit you won’t want to break!
There are several types of classes like barre, HIIT and yoga, and the instructors are great at showing the modifications that can be done to participate at whatever your fitness, or energy level, happens to be that day.
Go to Cbarre now
3. High-quality, ethically sourced dark chocolate from Soma Chocolate-maker. If you’ve seen any of my recipes, you’ve probably noticed that I use chocolate, a lot, not just because it tastes good, but also because cacao is a very nourishing food, when it’s enjoyed in a healthful treat. At Soma, they have some beautiful dark chocolate options that will make anyone smile. It’s one of my go-to places for gifts when I want to give a little something special.
Shop Soma >>>
6. A gift card for low-force chiropractic care from Flourish Chiropractic Studio. If you haven’t tried chiropractic before, Dr. Durickovic is the perfect entry to feeling the immense benefits of low-force chiropractic adjustments. My appointments at her lovely and serene clinic always feel like a mini vacation since I get to lie down and relax for 15-20 minutes while she gently applies pressure to areas along my spine, then I leave feeling calm, restored and ready to take on the day.
Try Flourish Chiropractic >>>
7. Mother's Day Gift Essentials Kit from Bee Keeper's Naturals. This small, Canadian business provides health-supporting remedies derived from natural ingredients including honeybee hive products. They are also committed to helping preserve our precious pollinators who help to ensure food crops grow and flourish. Treat Mom to the kit and get 20% off with the code MOTHERSDAY at checkout >>>
8. The gift of rest and relaxation with an essential oil diffuser. Relaxing lavender essential oil helps to sooth the mind and body into calm and restful sleep.
Get it from Indigo.ca >>>
Happy Mother's Day!
* This post contains affiliate links. I only link to items that I use myself, or would recommend to my clients.